Sunday, November 15, 2009

The word for 15.11.09 is CRUEL


I was really struggling with the image for today. I went to Lenham today to go to the 11am church service, to remember my wonderful Mother-in-law Kay, who died this time last year. So quite a thoughtful day but not morbid.
We met up with our aunt, who lives in the village..coffee, lunch and good banter! Then when we (my husband,and my son..my daughter was moving home) were going back to the car, l saw this poster stuck on the phone box in the square. As have you read it ,you will understand why l chose it to represent cruel. How could people be so cruel to steal horses, especially if they are owned by children? So cruel for the horses, the children and their families.

cruel |ˈkroōəl|adjective ( -eler, -elest; Brit. -eller -ellest )causing pain or suffering I can't stand people who are cruel to animals.• having or showing a sadistic disregard for the pain or suffering of others the girl had a cruel face.DERIVATIVEScruelly |ˈkru(ə)li| adverbORIGIN Middle English : via Old French from Latin crudelis, related to crudus (see crude ).

No comments:

Post a Comment