Thursday, April 15, 2010

The word for Thursday 15.04.2010 is TALISMAN.

The word for today is Talisman. I thought a lot about this word. Some people have a necklace they always wear that they feel brings them luck. We used to hear about people wearing or holding a lucky rabbit's foot, something l think that maybe people would frown upon these days! Then there is lucky heather or a horse shoe over your doorway!
I am not sure if everyone will understand or agree with my choice of talisman. This beautiful cross could be classed as a talisman. People often wear a cross as a good luck charm, as well as a sign of their religion.
Question for you..d.o you think a cross could be classed as a talismen?











2 comments:

  1. Lynda ~ personally, I feel that anything that one deems to be a talisman, is. I saw an excellent film the other night called 'The Fast Runner' - an Inuit film, and in it, rabbit's feet were definitely talisman. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cross is a symbol to be interpreted how you, the individual, chooses.... to see it as a talisman is not to devalue its symbolic meaning necessarily. I just love the word Talisman itself. Great photo x

    ReplyDelete