Saturday, February 20, 2010

The word for today Friday 19.02.2010 is Transition

To-day's word is Transition. ( forgot to post it yesterday!!!but here it is now!) 
I struggled with this one for quite a while and l wasn't sure l would achieve my objective today. Only failed once before! I could think of so many ways to talk about the word but to show an image that shows transition without needing words..whew! "Moving from one thing to another in image form". I thought about changing from child to adult, Music sheets into actual music and so on. I spend a lot of time during my walk, thinking about this. I was on my way home, walking up wildcroft road about about half past eight in the evening and it was quite dark. I had become quite miserable because l had not found my image. Then, just as l got half way up the road, l spotted my image.


As it was quite dark and l did not have my tripod with me, l was worried that it wouldn't be clear enough. Fortunetly l think l got away with it. These two ballons were tied together, one balloon up and one transformed into a deflated balloon!

.....................................................................................................................................................................
 
transition
 |tranˈzi sh ən; -ˈsi sh ən|
nounthe process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another students in transition from one program to another a transition to multiparty democracy.• a passage in a piece of writing that smoothly connects two topics or sections to each other.• Music a momentary modulation from one key to another.• Physics a change of an atom, nucleus, electron, etc., from one quantum state to another, with emission or absorption of radiation.verbundergo or cause to undergo a process or period of transition [ trans. ]the network ought to be built by the federal government and then transitioned into private industry [ intrans. we have transitioned from a high-intensity combat operation to a support role in the community.DERIVATIVEStransitional |- sh ənl| |trønˈzɪʃənl| |trønˈzɪʃnəl| adjectivetransitionary |-ˌnerē| |trønˈzɪʃəˈnɛri| adjectiveORIGIN mid 16th cent.: from French, or from Latin transitio(n-), fromtransire ‘go across.’








No comments:

Post a Comment