Saturday, March 27, 2010

The word for Friday 05.03.2010 is ENCIRCLE

Today's word is Encircled. Funnily, what came into my mind straight away was Cowboy and Indian films. Ha! When the Cowboys made their wagons into a circle, so encircling the families and trying to keep them safe from the arrow shooting Indians! Then Stonehenge came into my mind, the stones encircling the sacred area. Then an image l took the other day came into mind and l knew this was the one l wanted to use to illustrate today's word. I was at Waterloo station, travelling across the walk-way to Waterloo East side when l saw it.  On a door  in a side corridor was a window, that encircled a piece of the outside world! I think this is a very poetic way of looking at the word but l love it!



.....................................................................................................................................................................

encircle |enˈsərkəl|verb [ trans. ]form a circle around; surround the town is encircled by fortified walls. See note at circumscribe .DERIVATIVESencirclement |1nˈsərkəlmənt| |ɛnˈsərkəlmənt| noun

1 comment:

  1. Hello and thank you so much for visiting me and for your kind words.:)
    I love the idea behind this blog, mostly as I am very visual and I perceive the world in images and likewise associate every word with images and colours.
    Very poignant post.
    Have a lovely Sunday,
    xo
    Zuzana

    ReplyDelete