Tuesday, October 27, 2009

todays word..RESPECT

 RESPECTTnouna feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited bytheir abilities, qualities, or achievements the director had a lot ofrespect for Douglas as an actor.• the state of being admired in such a way his first chance in over fifteenyears to regain respect in the business.• due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others :respect for human rights.• ( respects) a person's polite greetings give my respects to your parents.a particular aspect, point, or detail the government's record in thisrespect is a mixed one.verb [ trans. ]admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements she was respected by everyone she worked with |[as adj. ( respected) a respected academic. See note at esteem .• have due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of I respected his views.• avoid harming or interfering with it is incumbent upon all boaters to respect the environment.• agree to recognize and abide by (a legal requirement) he urged all foreign nationals to respect the laws of their country of residence.
That could  do with so many things, people, objects, saying and so on! I thought about Remembrance  Sunday and poppies, people l respect like my husband or may be an artist that has done some amazing word or an organization such as Cancer Relief or the Red Cross. This "one image a day" challenge l set myself is a lot harder than l thought it would be. It isn't the image that actually seems to be my problem ..its deciding what the word should actually show in my image!

Although l usually take a new image each day to go with the "day" word..today l changed my mind. There are two people in my life l respect more and more each day. only a few people l really respect, two of them are my children..Jenny and Andrew. They both have had problems in their lives but have mananged to put their lives back on track and l am so proud of them but most of all..l have tremendous repect for both of them.


This image is of my son and daughter on my son's Wedding Day earlier this year 2009 in Cornwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment