Thursday, December 17, 2009

Unable to do project for a few days!!!todays word is YELLOW 18.12.09

I will be unable to do this project for a few days as my camera has gone to the Nikon Hospital!!! I am trying to use my mother-in-laws small camera but it isn't a patch on my Nikon, as you can guess. It takes good  family type images but not up to my standards!!Ha!
The image below is one l have just taken with my mother-in-law's camera..not bad but not very good quality when you wish to do a close up. The word for today was YELLOW. I tried all sorts of ideas for the word but as l walked towards Tate Modern l saw this group of milk bottles. It bought back memories of my childhood. We used to get orange juice delivered like this then. I had not realised they still delivered it like this still. Made me smile! So this bottle of orange is my YELLOW for the day even if it is made from oranges!!



yellow |ˈyelō|adjectiveof the color between green and orange in the spectrum, a primary subtractive color complementary to blue; colored like ripe lemons or egg yolks curly yellow hair.• offensive having a naturally yellowish or olive skin (as used to describe Chinese or Japanese people).• denoting a warning of danger that is thought to be near but not actually imminent he put Camp Visoko on yellow alert.informal cowardly he'd better get back there quick and prove he's not yellow.• archaic showing jealousy or suspicion.(of a book or newspaper) unscrupulously sensational.nounyellow color or pigment the craft detonated in a blaze of red and yellow |painted in vivid blues and yellows.• yellow clothes or material everyone dresses in yellow.the yolk of an egg.( yellows) any of a number of plant diseases in which the leaves turn yellow, typically caused by viruses and transmitted by insects.verb [ intrans. ]become a yellow color, esp. with age the cream paint was beginning to yellow[as adj. ( yellowing) yellowing lace curtains [as adj. ( yellowed) a yellowed newspaper cutting.PHRASESthe yellow peril offensive the political or military threat regarded as being posed by the Chinese or by the peoples of Southeast Asia.DERIVATIVESyellowish |ˈjɛləwɪʃ| adjectiveyellowly adverbyellowness |ˈjɛloʊnəs| nounyellow|ˈjɛləwi| adjectiveORIGIN Old English geolu, geolo; related to Dutch geel and Germangelb, also to gold .

No comments:

Post a Comment