Thursday, December 3, 2009

the word for 02.12.09 is ELDERLY


Today's word is ELDERLY. Something l am heading rapidly towards! I knew for once, instantly what l wanted to take as this image but would they be around. I see a lovely elderly couple walking through Putney. They are either holding hands or arms linked. I want to be like that with my husband when l/we are that old. Luckily for me, just as l had given up seeing them..there they were, arm in arm walking down the high street.






elderly |ˈeldərlē|adjective(of a person) old or aging she was elderly and silver-haired [as plural n. (the elderly)teams of volunteers to carry out home repairs for the elderly.• (of a machine or similar object) showing signs of age a couple of elderly cars.DERIVATIVESelderliness |-lēnis| |ˈɛldərlin1s| noun

No comments:

Post a Comment