Friday, December 18, 2009

The word for today Friday 18th December 2009 is GRAFFITI

Today is Friday and although everywhere else has snow..we in Putney have NO SNOW. I suppose that meant we could still do the shopping we wanted to do! So l suppose there was an up side! My camera is still at the Nikon hospital, I have become so attached to my Nikon and l do really miss it! So l am cheating and using an older image..sorry but l just can't get the images l want from the small "holiday"camera!!! This was taken earlier this week when my camera was behaving!! Todays work is GRAFFITI and wanted to find one that was unusual, not brightly coloured and was unique to any thing else l had seen up to now. I saw loads on the journey from Putney to Central London but this one stood out a mile.
This amazing image is near where my daughter works in Central London. I would love to know the artist who did this wonderful imaginary creature plus friends. I just love it!



graffiti |grəˈfētē|plural noun ( sing. -to |-tō|) [treated as sing. or pl. ]writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place the walls were covered with graffiti [asadj. a graffiti artist.verb [ trans. ]write or draw graffiti on (something) he and another artist graffitied an entire train.• write (words or drawings) as graffiti.DERIVATIVESgraffitist |-tist| |grəˈfid1st| nounORIGIN mid 19th cent.: from Italian (plural), from graffio ‘a scratch.’

No comments:

Post a Comment