Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the word for Thursday 30.12.09 is PINK.

Today's word is PINK and it is definitly NOT my favorite colour! So was not looking forward to try and find an image to suit it. Today was a Housework day..ugh but it was the only time l had between work and art! So as an incentive to get it done, Tony and I arranged to have coffee in East Sheen with our daughter, as she was coming over to see some people. It was a miserable day, dull, overcast, rainning and cold, so not an ideal day for going out to try and shoot a PINK image. 
I had wanted to go into a few Charity shops to hunt for journalling bits and pieces before coffee, so Tony dropped me of while he packed the car. Isn't this an exciting day so far...sorry it is so boring!
I visited a few shops and found all sorts of interesting things for my journalling and altered book projects. I was feeling quite pleased with myself and was humming as l walked in the rain. I was so pre-occupied with being smug with my finds that it was a while until l suddenly realised l had walked past my image. I ran back and stood outside the Ballet Shop. There in prime place at the front of the window, were two  gorgeous childrens tutu's,one was white and luckily for me, the other was.......PINK with bling!





                                          PINK 1 |pi ng k|adjectiveof a color intermediate between red and white, as of coral or salmon :her healthy pink cheeks bright pink lipstick.• (of wine) rosé.informal often derogatory having or showing left-wing tendencies pale pink politics.of or associated with homosexuals a boom in the pink economy.nounpink color or pigment.• pink clothes or material she looks good in pink.• (also hunting pink) the red clothing or material worn by fox hunters.a pink thing, such as a rosé wine.the best condition or degree the economy is not in the pink of health.informal often derogatory a person with left-wing tendencies. See alsopinko .verb[ intrans. blush, as from embarrassment I tried to hide my embarrassment, but I think I must have pinked a bit.





No comments:

Post a Comment