Friday, January 22, 2010

The word for 22.1.2010 is COLLECTION

>>Today's word is COLLECTION. I could have taken many images for today's word with out leaving my home! I am a collector of everything and anything..or so my family say!  So after several clients today, l went back up to Waterloo for another client. The train was packed and there was standing- room only. It was not a pleasant experience and l was not in a good mood by the time l got off the train. Fighting my way to the barrier, l saw from the corner of my eye, a trolley full of brightly coloured throw away coffee cups. There is a God! Suddenly my day seemed a lot better because l had my image! But then l had to make sure none of the guards could see me. Reason being, it is illegal to take photographs in or on Waterloo Station. Luckily no-one saw me and so l had my image!


..............................................................................................................


collection |kəˈlek sh ən|nounthe action or process of collecting someone or something the collection of maple sap tax collection• a regular removal of mail for dispatch or of trash for disposal.• an instance of collecting money in a church service or for a charitable cause when she died, they took up a collection for her burial.• a sum collected in this way.a group of things or people rambling collection of houses.• an assembly of items such as works of art, pieces of writing, or natural objects, esp. one systematically ordered paintings from the permanent collection a record collection.• ( collections) an art museum's holdings organized by medium, such as sculpture, painting, or photography.• a book or recording containing various texts, poems, songs, etc. a collection of essays.• a range of new clothes produced by a fashion house a preview of their autumn collection.ORIGIN late Middle English : via Old French from Latin collectio(n-), from colligere ‘gather together’ (see collect ).

No comments:

Post a Comment