Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the word for 02.02.2010 is DECORATION

The word for today is Decoration. Well what an easy word for an Artist! To use my own work would be unfair as it wouldn't be stretching my mind really..would it? The image l settled on is some decoration on window surrounds of a house in the village of Liphook. This village holds fond memories for Tony and I, it is where we stayed when Tony had his Passing Out Parade from Longmoor, when he first joined the Army. Oh such memories..but we won't go there!hax
Anyway, back to the word of the day....get your act together woman! The decoration on the surrounds of these windows was very bright and clear and l was really pleased l noticed them. Another reason to look up every so often, you never know what you might see. I would guess looking at them, there is some connection to Scotland but l don't actually know! I suppose you would call it Decorative House Art.



decoration |ˌdekəˈrā sh ən|nounthe process or art of decorating or adorning something the lavish decoration of cloth with gilt.• ornamentation pearwood inlaid with floral decoration of stained woods.• a thing that serves as an ornament Christmas tree decorations.• the application of paint or wallpaper in a room or building.• the paint or wallpaper applied an authority on English furniture and decoration.a medal or award conferred as an honor.

1 comment:

  1. I love to transcribe words in phonetic symbol.
    I can see you haven't got them all but me neither...don't know if we can download them somewhere.
    Thank you for your visit and thank you for following my little daydreamer world.
    :)

    ReplyDelete