Friday, February 12, 2010

the word for12.02.2010 is HUSBAND...for obvious reasons!

Sorry l haven't been on for a few days but my husband had a heart attack a week or so ago and my world has been turned up side down! He is now home with me again and so my world has settled. He has lots of tabs to take and he has to give himself two injections a day for a week. I am so proud of him for being able to do it. Anyway my head is coming back together again slowly and l am begining to come back into the world.
Another reason l didn't blog for a week, was my computer had broken down..maybe in sympathy with Tony's heart!
Anyway today's word is a special word....husband..for obvious reasons!

Not looking too bad but those of you who know him...he has looked better. For the whole ridiciously saga of Tony's admission and his stay in Kingston Hospital..see my blog..

http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com  in a few days time!!!


husband |ˈhəzbənd|nouna married man considered in relation to his wife she and her husband are both retired.verb [ trans. ]use (resources) economically; conserve the need to husband his remaining strength.DERIVATIVEShusbander |ˈhəzbəndər| noun ( rare).husbandhood |-ˌhoŏd| |ˈhəzbəndˈhʊd| nounhusbandless |ˈhəzbəndləs| adjectivehusbandly |ˈhəzbəndli| adjectiveORIGIN late Old English (in the senses [male head of a householdand[manager, steward] ), from Old Norse húsbóndi ‘master of a house,’from hús ‘house’ bóndi ‘occupier and tiller of the soil.’ The original sense of the verb was [till, cultivate.]

2 comments:

  1. Hope all is going well and best wishes.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting Lynda - I like the idea of breaking down a word and its meaning!

    ReplyDelete